Board breaking has many benefits, but must be earned. You can read on different ways a student can earn a board for breaking. I will have some play money to hand out for each time a board is earned. When we set up a night for breaking, the students can trade in those bills for a board.
Ways to earn boards
- Grades: Two A’s = 1 board
- Vacation Picture(s): Picture for school of student outside of Iowa (Next to a sign or monument of some sort) = 1 board (Per City)
- Reading: One age appropriate book = 1 board
- Science Center of Iowa: If you appear on TV for the News at Noon with your ECTKD shirt on = 1 board
- fill up a large brown grocery bag with food needed by our Caring Hands Food Pantry and earn a Board Breaking Dollar
- Sign up for the Healthy Altoona Partnership Change 3 Challenge with your parents. Every day write down your three completed challenges and bring them to me at the end of the month = 5 boards